I think we are seeing some intervention to keep the dollar down and we may see some intervention to hold stocks or even push them higher. It is a Friday and a lot can happen over the weekend. EUO is up well on the day and I will probaby hold the position over the weekend. I may buy TYH as a form of offset. If the news this weekend is bad we can see the dollar rally strongly and if it is good we can see the stock market rally strongly - so EUO/TYH is a kind of paired trade
For now EUO seems to be about the only place to hide.
I took a quick profit in FAZ - day trading is not for everyone. The dollar looks strong and has acted well in the face of what was supposed to be a "Euro Solution". This would indicate that we may see more bad news from there. This should be good for Gold and Silver but EUO ( Long the US Dollar short the Euro and others) may be a safer place to play potential bad news and so I have gone long EUO and will hold the position for a while or until we start to see more positive news from Europe
Financials have lead the rally today but I don't see that Europe has solved its problems and am buying FAZ with a buy back if it closes against me by the end of the day. This is not trading that everyone should copy.
I have just sold the FAZ position I bought yesterday. I think the market is more of a sell than a buy but will wait and watch for a while. So for now I have no positions.